How can you contribute and get involved in National Drama?
The first way to get involved is to join us as a member!
Members can then get involved and play an active part in a variety of ways:
- Contribute to our two publications – Drama Magazine and Drama Research.
- Attend our CPD – we run regular CPD for members and non-members across all sectors of Drama education. See our events calendar for what’s coming up next.
- Take part in our projects and initiatives – find out more about current projects and what we are campaigning for and play an active role. This could be responding to a survey, signing a petition, or running your own campaign in your school or setting.
- Deliver CPD for us – We are always looking for members to share their good practice and run a CPD event. If you have an idea of something which worked really well that you’d like to share, or have an area of expertise which others could learn from, we’d love to hear from you. Delivering CPD is a great way of developing your confidence and can help you meet your appraisal targets. Get in touch if you’ve got an idea.
- Write for our blog – Our Members Blog is another great way to share your good practice, reflect on a piece of research, or give your perspective on current trends in Drama education. Guest bloggers are always welcome and you can read more here about how to submit.
- Share a resource – if you have a resource which has worked really well for you, you could share this with National Drama members. It could be a scheme of work, worksheet, curriculum map, or anything you think fellow educators would find useful. Get in touch if you’ve got a resource to share.
- Join the executive – Roles on the executive committee are voted on by postal ballot on a rotational basis prior to the Annual General Meeting and available roles are publicised to members via email. If you are a committed, dynamic educator or industry professional with a passion for furthering Drama education for young people, then we want to hear from you!
- Connect with us – If you are an industry professional and want to connect with us and share your practice, or if you think that members would benefit from hearing about your work, then we always want to hear from you!
- Become a Patron or Friend – Our Patrons are a group of influential artists and practitioners who are passionate about collaborating with, and furthering the experience of, young people in the arts. Friends are artists, companies and practitioners who regularly collaborate with National Drama. Please contact our Vice Chair (email@example.com) if you’d like to be a Patron or Friend of National Drama!