Bursary Award to attend World Alliance for Arts Education conference.
National Drama is offering a Bursary Award of £300, for the successful applicant to attend the 9th World Alliance for Arts Education Conference: Arts Education for everybody? Every student? Everywhere? which takes place from 28 October to 1 November 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany. More information at 9th WAAE Conference.
ND is seeking that curious drama/ theatre practitioner who would love to accompany our Chair, Áine Lark, on a trip to Germany for this exciting conference. This World Alliance meeting will explore the outcomes of the 8th WAAE Conference, held in Egypt in March 2019, with a range of organisations championing the arts (listed below) focusing on:
- Comprehensive studies in all arts fields for students at all levels of schooling as part of a broad and holistic education
- Out of school experiences in all arts fields for a diversity of learners in communities
- Interdisciplinary arts experiences including digital and other emerging art forms both in school and out of school
The successful candidate will participate in workshops, talks, papers and other events with practitioners of the arts at an international level. Applications are encouraged from teachers and students of drama/theatre, or theatre practitioners, who would otherwise not have such an opportunity to attend.
The Bursary covers the full programme, hotel accommodation (4 nights in close-by hotels), breakfasts and conference dinner. The successful candidate would be responsible for flight and other personal costs.
How to Apply for the £300 Bursary
Submit a one page (A4) proposal of why and how this bursary will help and support your professional development. Tell us about yourself, your creative ambitions and your work. Send this to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2019.
We will confirm your place on or before 15th June 2019.
- You need to be a member of National Drama (ND)
- On your return we require a balanced, articulate 3 – 4 page article with photographs sharing your experience with members through our magazine/ website – see your name in print!
- A reasonable live presence while you are there through twitter and social media
- A live presentation at our birthday celebration in November (15th – 17th weekend: location TBC) of 20 – 40 minutes
- Bursary of £300 paid on completion of event
WAAE (World Alliance for Arts Education)
IDEA (International Drama and Theatre Education Association)
InSEA (International Society for Education in Art)
ISME (International Society for Music Education)
WDA (World Dance Alliance)