Preparing to Teach A Level Drama & Theatre
About this event
On Tuesday 17th May 7-8pm we will be joined by Doug Quinn who will provide an introductory session to teaching A Level Drama and Theatre.
About This Session
An informal intro session to A Level Drama & Theatre – need some new ideas for Key Stage 5? Want to refresh your teaching and stretch your students? Come along and listen to some ideas from Doug Quinn (KS5 specialist).
This session is £10 but discounted to London Drama and National Drama Members to £5. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to acquire the promo code.
- An introductory/refresher session to teaching A Level Drama & Theatre.
- How to introduce students to key skills in Devising / working together as an ensemble
- Exploring set texts – practical and theoretical approaches
- Exploring key practitioners
- Useful resources for teachers and how to access them
About Doug Quinn
Doug completed his degree at Roehampton and PGCE at Central. He is currently in his 20th year of teaching and is Head of Performing Arts at a large sixth form in Surrey. He is also a Housemaster for a large boarding house. He has experience as Head of Year, Head of Department and works as a boarding inspector for ISI. Doug is also Principal Moderator for one of the leading exam boards.