Which Board to Tread 2: A National Drama One Day Drama CPD Event
National Drama’s CPD training for secondary teachers
Date: Saturday 29th September 2018: 9am-5pm
Venue: Wharfedale Road, Winnersh Triangle, Holiday Inn Reading M4 J10, Reading, United Kingdom, RG41 5TS
Join us for a day focused on reflection and information gathering following the summer results from the first round of the new specifications for GCSE Drama. If you have questions about the specification you have chosen and you want to discuss what happened with your colleagues or with representatives from the examination boards or even if you think you may want to look at an alternative this event is for you.
The morning will be spent allowing teachers to discuss their experiences of the specifications and the outcome from the summer. Ofqual will also be running one of their evaluation workshops.
The afternoon is an opportunity to meet representatives from all of the exam boards to discuss their qualifications and possibly advise teachers who may be considering changing specifications. This will include the vocational qualifications – AQA and Cambridge Techs and BTEC – that have come online since the introduction of the new GCSE specifications.
Each board will be represented and teachers will be able to spend about 30/40 minutes with each group.
- Registration from 9am
- Tea/coffee & pastries on arrival
- An opportunity to give feedback to OFQUAL about your experiences of the first round of the new Key Stage 4 specifications
- A chance to discuss with your fellow Drama teachers how the specifications are working for them in their school settings.
- A chance to discuss issues with the specifications with representatives from the exam boards (NB this is not a chance to discuss individual cases or to complain to the board’s representatives about specification content)
- Talk to other exam boards if the results have made you consider changing the course. This will include the vocational qualifications now available
Lunch and refreshments included.
Non Member rate £42.
Book Member rate ticket with this form.